Thursday 29 May 2014

Progress - Tyranid Warriors

Hive Fleet Phorcys has sprung to life with five tyrannid warriors!




I'm quite happy with how they've turned out. I'm taking a pretty different strategy from normal as far as painting goes, the goal is to get them on a table so I'm not going crazy with the paint job. In the past I've spent far too long on a very small amount of miniatures, and as a result I've never actually had a fully painted army. This time I've left them relatively basic and will return to them later if I want to tweak them. They were good fun to paint, yellow and red are so bright and vibrant. I think it looks good with little touches of purple too, although I'm colour blind so who knows what it actually looks like.


Next up to paint are 10 Genestealers. Really looking forward to painting these. I've had the models for at least 16 years, it might be as much as 18 years. They're the old models from the Spacehulk box. The box was £40 pounds and had 10 terminators and 20 stealers as well as some really cool tiles and tokens; great value for a complete game. I played it with my Dad a couple of time but my big brother and I got really into it for a bit. They're still my favorite Genestealer models even though they only have 2 poses and are made of weird coloured plastic. My big brother has the terminators and they really haven't aged as well, they look kind of puny compared to the newest ones.

Coming soon:

My little combat simulator is up and running so I've been looking at some mock fire fights between various units. It has spat out some quite interesting, and non-intuitive results, for some of the simulations. I'm writing an article about them for the weekend. I'm also working on an article centering around dealing with uncertainty during a game, hopefully that'll be posted next week. 

On the modelling side, I'll keep you up-to-date with the stealers but I'm also working on a conversion at the moment that I'm going to do a step-by-step for, although it might be a couple of weeks for that.

Hope everyone is enjoying the content so far. Feel free to comment below and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment